5 Great Places to Canoe this Weekend in Southeast Minnesota
Canoeing is my favorite Minnesota summer activity and I've visited most of the places below and each time I've had a blast. Grab your friends and a cooler and check out one of these awesome places to go canoeing before summer ends.
1) Zumbro Valley Canoe Rental - Located 20 minutes north of Rochester. Zumbro Valley has several canoeing options. There's a 7 mile,14 mile, and 21 miles route. If you're a hardcore canoer they even have overnight trips available.
2) Boulder Dam: A little closer to Rochester is Boulder Dam Canoe located in Oronoco. Boulder Dam has Kayaks, Canoes and Paddle Boards available to rent.
3) Chester Woods: At 6 bucks an hour Chester Woods is an exception value. They also rent Kayaks, Peddle Boats, and Paddle Boards.
4) Root River Outfitters: Located in Lanesboro. There's a 7 mile and 14 mile route available for Kayaks and Canoes.
5) Geneva's Hideaway: Located in Peterson and offering 2.5-6 hour canoe and kayak routes. They also have tubes!
Listen to Dunken & Samm weekday mornings on 106.9 KROC!