Behind The Scenes Dirt From “The Tonight Show”
David Berg served as producer for “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” during its entire run. He just wrote a book called, “Behind the Curtain: An Insider View of Jay Leno’s Tonight Show,” and it in he shares some behind the scenes celebrity dirt. Here are the top revelations from the book -
1. Christian Bale was a very difficult guest and got into arguments about potential “personal” questions like – “Where did you grow up?” and “What was your first acting gig?”
2. The show had a bar installed backstage to help guests relax. Quentin Tarantino once drank so much at the bar that he wound up slurring his words.
3. Dennis Rodman had such a problem with being late they wound up having to send a helicopter to get him.
4. The show tried to bribe Bill Clinton to come on and sent him a $12,000 custom-made bike. He accepted the gift but still wouldn’t come on the show because he resented all of the Lewinsky jokes.
5. The show once bumped Benjamin Bratt for a segment with an animal trainer because they knew it would do better ratings. Bratt boycotted the show from then on.