2013 Winners Of Annual Voice Of Democracy And Patriots Pen Scholarship Programs
VFW Post 1215 In Rochester Has Announced the 2013 Winners of its annual Voice Of Democracy and Patriot’s Pen Scholarship Programs.
The Voice of Democracy program was open to students in grades 9 – 12. To enter, students submitted an original 3 – 5 minute audio CD on the theme: “Why I’m Optimistic About Our Nation’s Future.”
- Anne Rose Doda from Schaeffer Academy placed first in this year’s program.
Other awardees are:
- Gabriel Kaufmann, Schaeffer Academy
- Alexandra Shin, Century High School
- Hannah Harris, Schaeffer Academy
- Joshua Hamel, Schaeffer Academy
- Samantha Woog, John Marshall High School
The Patriot’s Pen Program was open to students in grades 6-8. To enter, Students submitted a written essay of between 300 and 400 words on the theme, “What Patriotism Means To Me.”
- Constance Chen, St. John’s Middle School placed first in this year’s program.
Other Awardees are:
- Ella Kaufmann, Schaeffer Academy
- Mahmoud Mahmoud, John Adams Middle School
- Emma Rector, Schaeffer Academy
- Naomi Frank, Schaeffer Academy
- Emily Park, Schaeffer Academy
- Alexander Harker, Schaeffer Academy