Here’s the Top List of ‘Sneaky’ Text Codes Teens Use Today
If your teen has a smartphone, chances are pretty good that they will or are using this shorthand slang to communicate to their friends via text or snapchat. As parents, it's important to see and recognize these as they pertain to both sex, bullying and even suicide.
I've never considered myself a great texting mind. In fact, I like to keep my acronyms simple, like LOL (laughing out loud), JK (just kidding), and the occasional NP (no problem) or AF (as f***). I know, I'm so lit!
So when I saw that there's a whole library of secret texting "codes" that kids use to communicate, it gave me anxiety for my own kid's future and what they'll have to deal with when they finally get cellphones. It's crazy.
Well the site Bark gave me quite an idea when they came up with the most recent list of the top “sneaky” terms that teens use today. Here are several of them below:
- 53X = sneaky way to type "sex"
- KMS = kill myself
- LH6 = let’s have sex
- KYS = kill yourself
- MOS = mom over the shoulder
- POS = parent over shoulder
- CD9 = code 9, parents around
- GNOC = get naked on camera
- 99 = parents are gone
- WTTP = want to trade photos?
- LMIRL = let’s meet in real life
- 1174 = meet at a party spot
- IWSN = I want sex now
- CU46 = see you for sex
- FWB = friends with benefits
- ADR = what’s your address
- MPFB = my personal f*** buddy
- PAL= parents are listening
- TWD = texting while driving
- GYPO = get your pants off
Whether you plan to monitor your kids or are want help deciphering the latest text codes, the website Netlingo is also great resource. It even has a list of “the top 50 acronyms parents need to know.”