Random Act of Kindness Week 2018
Rochester’s C.A.K.E (Caring Acts of Kindness Everywhere) group is hosting Random Act of Kindness (RAK) week. The Random Act of Kindness foundation promotes the week nationally and the C.A.K.E group is participating locally with kindness themed days. There is significant collaboration with local non-profits, organizations and businesses [they’re listed in the brackets] to help promote and support kindness initiatives through the week. Events will be posted or shared on C.A.K.E's Facebook page.The schedule is as follows:
Sunday, February 11: Share and Learn [by Lissa DeRycke] – 12-3pm at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church. Participants will learn some crocheting and tatting. What they make will be donated locally to those in need.
Monday, February 12: $5 5K for Heart Strides [by Terraloco] – 6pm at Terraloco. This event supports caregivers health. They distribute care packages of running shoes, clothes, etc. to moms who are taking care of a sick or dying child.
*Terraloco will also be a donation spot for winter gear donations.
Tuesday, February 13: Two events this day
- Handing out Hugs (the candy) [106.9 KROC & Subaru of Rochester] – 12:00pm University Square. We will be handing out Hershey hugs with a note attached to it inspiring others to carry out RAK
- United Way Emerging Leaders event w/ Danielle Teal “Radical Kindness: Engaging a Community” (event details) / 6pm-7:30pm at Crooked Pint in Goonies Comedy Club
Wednesday, February 14: Two events this day:
- Support the "This is Me" fashion show [Diversity Council] 11:30 a.m. at RCTC cafeteria. Students are invited to wear clothing from their heritage - traditional, cultural or religious to demonstrate student diversity at RCTC.
- Help with Valentine's Day party for Seniors [The Commission] – The Commission members (a young professional networking group) will be hosting a bingo for Seniors at Madonna Towers
Thursday, February 15: Yoga for self-compassion [Terraloco] 7:15pm-8pm Kris Barry, Yoga Instructor will facilitate yoga for self-compassion.
Friday, February 16: Support Mission 21 combats human and sex trafficking of young people. Make care packages and donate. Drop off at Townsquare Media building.
Saturday, February 17: Two events this day
- 11am-12pm RAK book reading for kids and an activity [Children’s Museum] *Children’s Museum will also be a donation spot for winter gear donations.
- 2pm support bus rental fee transportation for kids that will attend the “Black Panther” movie hosted by Rochester for Justice.