Samm’s Year in Review
Well, 2013 is quickly coming to an end. This was by far one of the craziest years I’ve had in quite some time. Some very life changing events happened throughout the year, and I can honestly say it’s the first time I truly understand the meaning of “everything happens for a reason.”
- Here it goes. The year started out AWESOME. I got offered a producer gig at ABC 6 News in Austin/Rochester. Since I was young, I wanted to be on TV. That is, until I got into it and realized my love for radio was too strong to let go. I worked at the TV station for the majority of the year, and wouldn’t take back a day of it. I made some incredibly awesome friends, and learned a lot!
- I ditched Minnesota for a couple weeks with my best friend to visit another close friend of mine in Hawaii! By far, the GREATEST vacation I’ve ever had. Instead of being ready to come home, I cried when boarding the plane (oh yeah). I crossed so much off my bucket list there.
- Ate sushi, coconut, and several other foods I’ve never tried
- We also did things I wasn’t too fond of: Visited a nude beach lol
- Plus, I swam in the ocean for the first time EVER
- I turned a Quarter of a Century this year (maaaaaan). At least it was a good party!
- I crossed more stuff on my bucket list this summer when I jumped out of a plane for the first time. Sky diving is one thing I told myself I’d NEVER do! FAIL. It was phenomenal though.
- September 11th became my new favorite day!! Gavin Alexander made me an auntie for the first time. Couldn’t have been happier.
- We raised a record amount of money at the Purple Stride Rochester! I’m the Media Chair for the event.
- I was promoted towards the end of the year. Allowing me to focus all my energy on my one true love: radio!! I now do middays on KWWK and Rowdy Cowgirl Night at Wild Bills.
- My mom asked me to do daycare for my little sister.
When looking at all the good that’s happened this year, it’s hard to believe it was a hard year as well. 2013 was the best year of my life, BUT it has also been one of the hardest. My first ever serious relationship came to an end. Definitely a struggle, but I came out the other end stronger and a better person for it. I win! I met some incredibly awesome people this year, and worked my ass off to finish the year off on a positive note.