The 10 Best and Worst Things About Summer in Minnesota
Summer is in full swing. Heck, they are already putting "back to school" stuff on the shelves (STOP). I'm not ready for summer to be over already! Here are my favorite and least favorite things about summer in Minnesota:
- More daylight - Sunshine makes everyone happy.
- Softball/Baseball games - Softball season is here! I spend a lot of time (probably too much of my time) on the softball fields. Heading to Target Field is also one of my summer staples.
- Thursdays on 1st & 3rd - Live music, drinks, grub and good friends OUTSIDE, need I say more?
- Minnesota State Fair - deep fried EVERYTHING on a stick!
- No snow to deal with (hopefully) - We can finally breathe a sigh of relief knowing that we are done dealing with huge snow storms... for a limited time.
- Lake life - Swimming, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding, jet skiing, boating, fishing - water in general!
- Mosquitoes - Out in full force during the summer months. Even with bug spray, some nights they make me look like I have adult chicken pox.
- Boob sweat - The humidity in this state is unreal somedays...
- Construction - It's true, we have two seasons: Winter and construction season.
- Cramming EVERYTHING into 3 months - Weddings, graduations, showers, bach parties and more. Summer flies by because we cram a year's worth of activities into three nice months.