The Five Best Pretzel Places in Rochester
Today is National Pretzel Day...you can grab a bag of pretzels to celebrate. But, is that really a celebration? If that's all you can do, fine. But to celebrate properly, you gotta try fresh pretzels at one of Rochester's Best Pretzel Places!
THE THIRSTY BELGIAN
This is my personal favorite. Order the hot pretzel sticks. Not hot spicy, hot warm, baked pretzel sticks with their house strong mustard & nacho cheese. Start the day here. You will thank me Monday.
I don't know if you think of Daube's as a pretzel place, I didn't, but according to Yelp, it is a top-five place in Rochester to get pretzels. And if we're honest, everything they do is great, so the pretzels must be, too.
AUNTIE ANNE'S PRETZELS
Never had 'em, can't say. I'm not even sure if it's pronounced Ann-eeeee's or Ann's. However, on Yelp, Stephanie G says, "I always get excited when I see an Auntie Anne's Pretzels because they are my favorite pretzel shop!" Excitement and pretzels for the win!
WHISTLE BINKIES (both locations)
Order the Big Soft Pretzel. It's among the least expensive of the local home-made pretzels, at less than $4.00. Plus, there's plenty of butter on it!
Pretzel Fun Facts (SOURCE)
- Some say Monks developed pretzels first, others say it was the Greeks.
- The Pennsylvania Dutch immigrants introduced pretzels to North America in the 19th century. At this time, many handmade pretzel bakeries populated central Pennsylvania, and their popularity quickly spread.
- An odd survey said about 174 million Americans eat pretzels. About 3 million Americans said they don't know if they eat them or not.
- The annual United States pretzel industry is worth over $550 million.
- The average Minnesotan consumes about 1.5 pounds of pretzels per year.
Listen to James Rabe in the mornings from 6a to 10a on Y-105 FM.
And from 2p to 6p on 103.9 The Doc.