This Popular Christmas Movie Was Based In Minnesota
I have been watching Christmas movies like it's my full time job lately. I just can't get enough of them! One of my all time favorite Christmas classics is a 1996 film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. You might have heard of this little movie called "Jingle All The Way".
Well, as it turns out, the movie was actually filmed and based in our own backyard of Minneapolis, Minnesota!
Not every scene was shot in our great state...but, if you pay close attention you'll notice some familiar Minneapolis landmarks and references to places we all know and love! Check out the list below and see if you can spot them in the film the next time you watch the movie.
- Falcon Heights Elementary School
- Merriam Street, Minneapolis
- 40 Power Street, Minneapolis
- Upton Avenue South, Minneapolis
- Seventh Place Park, St. Paul
- Rice Park, St. Paul
- Linden Hills Neighborhood in Minneapolis
- Hennepin Avenue Bridge
- Bruce Avenue, Edina
- 360 Wabasha St. North, St. Paul
- Mickey's Diner, St. Paul
- MOA (formerly Camp Snoopy), Bloomington
- Zumbro Cafe, Minneapolis