Minnesota may be bitter cold, but talk about being ahead of the game!  Monday, Minnesota became the 5th state to offer enhanced licenses.  Meaning, we could travel to some other countries, WITHOUT buying a passport!!  Why have we NOT been doing this all along?

Here are the rules:

  • Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, a Minnesota resident who is 16 or older and must have a driving record that allow them to legally operate a motor vehicle. 
  • A Social Security number and proof of residency must be presented at the time of application 

The cost is $15 in addition to the regular license fee for renewing or replacing a license or making application for a first-time license, permit or identification card. 

The other states that issue enhanced licenses are New York, Vermont, Michigan and Washington.