Find the Geocache Treasures Hidden All Over Minnesota for Free
Did you know that there are hidden treasures all over Minnesota? Well, there are and I've been on the hunt with my kiddos that last few days to find a whole bunch.
If you haven't heard of this fun activity called Geocaching, here's a little definition brought to you by my kids: it's a scavenger hunt for hidden treasures all over the world that you find using technology.
Here's how Geocaching works:
- Get the Geocaching app in your app store. (If you've got a device with a cell signal, it works a little bit better than a device without data.)
- Create an account (Bonus - you can do this for free!)
- Check out the map and search for a cache to find. When you search you will see that there are levels of difficulty, terrains, and also sizes of caches.
- Go have fun finding it!
- When you find the geocache, write your username down on the log that is in the cache. (Hint: you might want to bring a writing utensil with you.) On the bigger caches, you might even find some great prizes. The courteous thing to do is if you take something to also leave something.
- Remember to log in on the Geocaching app too.
- Fun tip: If you are going on a vacation, you can have fun Geocaching there too! Just bring your device and search that location.