Get Your Taste Buds Ready, Rochester! Chili Challenge Is Back
I've heard a few people bragging that they make the best chili...EVER! Well, it is time to test that out. Actually, you can taste "the best" and know that every little taste test that you take, you are actually helping kids in our area at the same time.
The Boys & Girls Club of Rochester, MN is bringing back the ever-popular and best-tasting event, the Chili Challenge! The Peace Plaza in downtown Rochester is going to be THE PLACE to be on September 26th, 2019 because...well, that's where the chili and beer are going to be.
I spoke with the staff at the Boys & Girls Club of Rochester recently to learn why this event is so important and here are some fun facts that I grabbed from that conversation:
- The Boys & Girls Club of Rochester helps about 1,400 kids each year in our area
- Most of the kids they work with qualify for free or reduced lunches
- Only 6% of the budget comes from membership fees...which means, the community plays a HUGE part in helping The Boys & Girls Club of Rochester do what they do best, "empower all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring community members."
- The homebrew challenge was such a success last year, they are doing it again AND bringing in some of Rochester's breweries too.
Want to taste the good stuff...or maybe even see if your chili is actually the best? There are a lot of ways to get involved with the Chili Challenge! I've got a few ways below on how you can get involved. Whatever you pick, just know that you being there is providing something more for kids right here in our community.
- Enter your chili to win!
- Enter your homebrew (yes...your beer creation) to win!
- Taste the homebrews or just the chili!
- Taste the beer & chili!
Now that your mouth is watering just a bit, go grab your tickets here. (and check out their fun video below created by Rochester Art Heads)