Highway 14 Lane Closures Between Owatonna and Dodge Center
The new Highway 14 between Owatonna and Dodge Center opened on November 9, 2021. Motorists will encounter some lane closures over the next six to eight weeks as shoulder work takes place.
A news release from the Minnesota Department of Transportation states, "Temporary right-lane closures are ongoing to complete shoulder work at both ends of the Highway 14 expansion project. Once that work is completed, temporary left-lane closures will begin to complete crossover removal at both ends of the project."
These lane closures will happen on and off over the summer months.
MnDOT says, "The project improves the capacity, safety, travel times, and access between Rochester and Owatonna, as well as the I-35 corridor. The expansion area is a new route for Highway 14, which stays south of the railroad tracks on the west side of the project, travels south of Claremont and connects where the four-lane highway is west of Dodge Center."
The $108-million construction project was led by Shafer Contracting of Shafer, MN and covers 12.5 miles.
5 More Southern MN Road Projects this Summer
- Evaluation of intersections between Byron and Rochester on Highway 14.
- Highway 52 resurfacing between Zumbrota and Cannon Falls. This project, which includes single-lane traffic in the northbound lanes this summer, will continue in 2023.
- A two-year project to reconstruct Highway 57 through Kasson begins in late May 2022.
- Lane resurfacing on Highway 14 east of Rochester to the west of Chester, MN.
- Repaving Highway 19 in Cannon Falls.
And 2 Future Projects
- Highway 218 in Blooming Prairie will be reconstructed in 2024.
- Six bridges in Austin will be repaired or replaced between 2023 and 2025.