Hy-Vee Recalling Six Meat and Potato Products
West Des Moines, IA (KROC-AM News) - Hy-Vee today announced a voluntary recall of a half-dozen meat and potato products due to possible contamination by the bacteria that causes listeria and salmonella.
The Iowa-based company says there have been no illnesses reported and the recall is being conducted out of an abundance of caution because a Hy-Vee supplier ordered a recall after discovering a possible contamination in its caramelized mushrooms and fire-roasted tomatoes. Those ingredients are used in the products listed in the Hy-Vee recall. All of them have a “Best If Used By” date of Oct. 22, 2018, or sooner.
Customers who purchased the products should not consume them. They’re being asked to discard the items or return them to their local Hy-Vee store for a full refund.
- Hy-Vee Bacon Wrapped Cowgirl Chicken Grillers – 8 ounce each
UPC Code 023092600000
- Hy-Vee Fire Roasted Tomato, Spinach, Mozzarella Twice Baked Potato – 5 ounce each
UPC Code 023755400000
- Hy-Vee Cowgirl Chicken Griller Patty – 6 ounce each
UPC Code 023100200000
- Hy-Vee Gourmet Steakhouse Mushroom & Swiss Burger – 6 ounce each
UPC Code 023168400000
- Hy-Vee Ground Beef Sliders Mushroom & Swiss – 2 ounce each
UPC Code 023164300000
- Hy-Vee Ground Beef Sliders Mushroom & Swiss – 12 count, 30 ounces
UPC Code 023266600000