Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News)- First responders rushed to a chemical mix-up at a Rochester hotel over the weekend. 

Get our free mobile app

A news release issued by the Rochester Fire Department says crews were dispatched to the hotel on the report of a chemical spill shortly after 11:10 Sunday morning. 

The incident was reported at the Hampton Inn in the 1750 block of South Broadway Ave. Upon arrival crews were informed an employee of the hotel had mistakenly mixed two incompatible chemicals together in a drum inside of an equipment room in the pool area. 

Google
Google
loading...

Firefighters put on their protective breathing equipment, entered the pool area and took the drum outside. The fire department’s Chemical Assessment Team then responded to identify the chemical mixture. 

Rochester Fire Department
photo by Andy Brownell/Townsquare Media
loading...

Fire crews ventilated the pool area and monitored the air quality until it was deemed safe enough to turn back over to hotel management. Officials say the spill was contained to the pool area’s equipment room. 

Google
Google
loading...

An ambulance crew arrived at the scene to evaluate a hotel employee for exposure to the chemical mixer. The worker denied injury and was not transported for further medical attention. 

The hotel was never evacuated, the news release says. No other injuries were reported.

More Minnesota News:

Top 10 Pizza Places in Rochester in 2022

If you are looking to sink your teeth into an amazing slice of cheesy goodness, check out these top picks for pizza in Rochester, Minnesota!

Gallery Credit: Jessica On The Radio

 

More From 106.9 KROC-FM