Rochester, MN Police Respond to Two More Drug Overdoses
Police Captain Casey Moilanen said both of the apparent overdoses were reported in northwest Rochester. The first was reported shortly before 8:40 p.m. and second was reported shortly after 11 p.m.
Moilanen says the subject in the first overdose, described as a 22-year-old man, had been given narcan and regained consciousness prior to officers arrival. He refused medical treatment and was left in the care of family members.
The second person rendered unresponsive by an apparent drug overdose was a 33-year-old man. Officers gave him narcan and he was eventually transported to St. Mary’s Hospital for further care.
Moilanen said it’s believed the 22-year-old man had overdosed on a fentanyl-laced M30 pill. It’s unknown what substance caused the 33-year-old man’s overdose.
Tuesday night’s reported drug overdoses follow a recent drug warning issued by Rochester police after officers responded to four drug overdoses in less than 72 hours last week. One of the overdoses resulted in the death of a 17-year-old boy.
If you or someone you know if struggling with drug and/or alcohol dependence, help is available through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website. To speak to someone on the phone, dial 1-800-622-HELP (1-800-622-4357) or send a text message to 1-800-487-4889.