Check Out Rochester, MN’s Favorite ‘Hole in the Wall’ Restaurants
Rochester, Minnesota has a lot of chain and local restaurants that truly are phenomenal. The list is huge but a few that opened up that I've loved are Red Cow and Marrow on Broadway. I have many, MANY more meals that I need to eat around town to taste test every place but if someone asked you where the "hole in the wall" restaurants were in town, which ones would be on your list? See if your answers match any of the responses I got from fans below.
Check Out Rochester's Favorite "Hole in the Wall" Restaurants
If you've been looking for a new restaurant to try, check out these favorites in the Rochester, Minnesota area that long-term residents and fans of our radio shows have labeled as "Hole in the Wall" spots.
- 11 5th Street NW, Rochester, Minnesota (Get Directions Here)
- Google Description: Old-timey fixture with basic decor & counter seating dishing up classic American cooking.
John Hardy's BBQ
- They've got two locations in Rochester
- Website Description: Each day you'll find choices ranging from appetizers to salads and from meats to meals.
Brothers Bar & Grill
- 812 Broadway Ave. S., Rochester, Minnesota (Get Directions here)
- Google Description: Locally-owned sports bar serving casual American eats in a party atmosphere.
Olde Brick House
- 19 1st Ave. SW, Rochester, Minnesota (Get Directions Here)
- Google Description: Typical Irish pub with fish 'n' chips, shepherd's pie & other classic comfort food, plus delivery.
- 808 Broadway Ave. S, Rochester, Minnesota (Get Directions here)
- Website description: Taco Jed is a lively restaurant in Rochester, MN. We use the best ingredients and provide a great atmosphere.
Beetle's Bar and Grill
- 230 20th Ave. SW, Rochester, Minnesota (Get Directions here)
- Google Description: American grub & happy-hour cocktail specials offered in a big game-day hangout with TVs & a patio.
- 1514 N. Broadway Ave., Rochester, Minnesota (Get Directions here)
- Google Description: Down-home diner with homestyle fare like pancakes, burgers & roast beef, plus a soda fountain.
- There are 2 spots in Rochester for Roosters and they both have a slightly different name:
- Google Description: Burgers, fried chicken & breakfast served in a casual setting with a full bar & several pool tables.
What "Hole in the Wall" Restaurant is Missing On The List?
Is there a restaurant that you thought of right away that didn't make the list? Let me know! I'd love to hear your pick and you can either send me a message or add a comment to my Facebook page - Jessica On The Radio. Or, just add your fav to Y-105FM's Facebook post below.