No Winner Friday, Mega Millions Climbs to $1.05 Billion
Nobody matched all six numbers in Friday night's Mega Millions drawing, increasing the estimated jackpot for Tuesday's drawing to $1.05 billion.
The new jackpot total is the fourth largest in Mega Millions history.
The winning numbers drawn Friday were: 5-10-28-52-63, Mega Ball: 18.
A basic Mega Millions ticket costs $2, and to claim the big prize you'll need to match five numbers (1-70), plus the Powerball (1-25). The odds? 1 in 302,575,350. Assuming you win the Powerball jackpot Tuesday, you can choose to take the lump-sum cash option and take home $422 million.
No one has matched all six Mega Millions numbers for the jackpot winner since April of this year.
The 10 Biggest Lottery Jackpots in U.S. History
- $1.586 Billion (Powerball) January 2016 - Split between three winners.
- $1.537 Billion (Mega Millions) October 2018 - One winner.
- $768.4 Million (Powerball) March 2019 - One winner.
- $758.7 Million (Powerball) August 2017 - One winner.
- $656 Million (Mega Millions) March 2012 - Split between five winners.
- $648 Million (Mega Millions) December 2013 - Split between two winners.
- $590.5 Million (Powerball) May 2013 - One winner.
- $587.5 Million (Powerball) November 2012 - Split between two winners.
- $564 Million (Powerball) February 2013 - Split between three winners.
- $559.7 Million (Powerball) January 2018 - One winner.
Minnesota has never had a Mega Millions jackpot winner.
According to the Powerball website, Minnesota has had four grand prize jackpot winners in the past two years. In November of 2016 Michael Hawes was a winner, splitting $44.3 million. Paul Rosenau won in May of 2008, splitting an $88 million prize. In August of 2011 Thomas Morris came up big, splitting a $123.6 million jackpot. And in August of 2013 Paul White split a big $253.1 million prize.
Mega Millions drawings drawings are held on Tuesdays and Fridays. Powerball drawings are held every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday night. Good luck!