Random Acts Of Kindness Week: February 16th – 22nd
Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) Week will be observed in Rochester, MN February 16th-22nd and is hosted by the CAKE - Caring Acts Of Kindness.
Check out the list of events going on this week!
- Monday, Feb 18: Free Coffee & Cocoa - 106.9 KROC, Quick Country 96.5, and Y-105FM DJ's will be handing out surprise free coffee and hot cocoa from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at a secret location! Carry out an act of kindness and buy a stranger their beverage!
- 1:00 pm - Mayor Proclamation: Rochester's RAK Day at Pasquale's Neighborhood Pizzeria. Join Community members and leaders as a proclamation is read by the new Mayor Kim Norton, designating Feb 18th as Rochester's RAK Day.
- Tuesday, Feb 19: Free Haircuts! - The Barbershop Talk guys will be providing free haircuts from 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. for low-income residents - anyone on free or reduced lunches - and those experiencing homelessness. 3270 19th St. SW Ste 208
- Wednesday, Feb 20: Food Collection - Community Food Response is a volunteer-led nonprofit that provides free meals to hungry people to take home or eat elsewhere...and they do this every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in Rochester! Sign up to help or take a second and learn more about how to help by checking out CFR's website here.
- Thursday, Feb 21: Pet Supply & Food Collection (and free beer!) - Grab a bag of pet food or a fun supply that you know a pet would love and drop it off at Little Thistle Brewing. All donations will be going to Camp Companion and Paws & Claws and to say "thanks", you get a free half pint for each donated item!
- Friday, Feb 22: Winter Outerwear Collection- At some of the schools in the Rochester Public Schools, is a Community Closet, which has items for kids and families to use. The Rochester MN Moms Blog is helping organize this day and are gathering gloves, snow boots and snow pants of all sizes.
Learn more about all of these events at the CAKE Facebook page!