Rochester Man Admits to Armed Assault at Apache Mall
Rochester, MN ((KROC-AM News) - The prospective jurors for a Rochester man's trial were sent home this morning after he entered into a plea agreement just before jury selection was scheduled to begin in the case.
23-year-old Tamarick Shaffer today entered a guilty plea to a second-degree assault charge through a plea deal that calls for the dismissal of a first-degree aggravated robbery charge. He is scheduled to be sentenced in early November.
Shaffer was arrested in late April following a shoplifting incident at Apache Mall that escalated into an armed robbery. Shaffer and another man were accused of stealing a sweatshirt from the Nuka Llakta store and were chased down and confronted by a store employee who witnessed the theft. The criminal complaint alleged Shaffer responded by pulling out a handgun, pointing it at the employee’s head, and stating he was going to "pop" him.
Shaffer and the other man then fled from the shopping mall. Rochester police were able to identify and locate Shaffer a couple of days after the April, 24 incident.
Amazing 110-Year Old Kutzky Park Home for Sale - Just $220,000
- Home is in the Community Land Trust program (homeowner owns home and improvements. $25/month land lease, Income guidelines)
- Amazing Balcony off of the master bedroom.
- All three bedrooms on the upper floor
- Bonus room on the top floor that could be a fourth bedroom.
- Original woodwork also stained glass.
- Sunroom off the kitchen and dining room