2022: Rochester’s Peace Plaza Pavers Provoked Perturbed Poetry
Looking back at 2022, this story was pretty huge because a LOT of people did NOT like the Peace Plaza pavers.
The recreated Peace Plaza, in Downtown Rochester, Minnesota, with raised lettering on the pavers, has raised eyebrows, brought appreciation from some, and scuffed knees to others. It's one of the Destination Medical Center projects going on in town.
Rather than traffic in angry comments, I thought it would be fun to see what the inhabitants of Spotted In Rochester could come up with if given an opportunity to express themselves.
"Creative Opportunity!" How 'bout a rhyme, poem, limerick, or haiku that tells us how you feel about the raised lettering in the Peace Plaza?
And holy mother-of-pearl did SE Minnesota come out to play. You can see the whole post here, but the very best of the best are in the gallery below (chosen by a team of judges within our building...some slight editing for curse words has happened)
LOOK - Peace Plaza Ponderings and Poetry That Say How Rochester Feels
Where would your favorite celebs hang out in Rochester? I think this list nails it!
If Your Favorite TV Character Was in Rochester, Minnesota, They Would Hang Out At...
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com
$489,900 - Plainview Home Filled Has Maids Stairway and So Much Pepsi
- Rare opportunity with this Victorian-style home.
- 4 bedrooms, ornate and open stairway in front, back maid stairway opens to kitchen.
- Maple hardwood floors, ornate cast iron heating, leaded glass windows, main floor laundry and pocket doors.
- Side and front porch, cement patio and deck opens to kitchen. Walkup attic.
- Many perennial flowers and nice trees. Rear wood privacy fence.