Stewartville Family Wonders If Its Puppy Was Poisoned
Stewartville, MN (KROC AM News) - A Stewartville family is mourning the death of its 8-month-old dog and is wondering if it was poisoned by a neighbor.
A woman contacted the Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office Sunday to report their suspicions.
The pit bull pup was taken to a veterinarian Sunday morning after it appeared to be sick and threw up. Sheriff’s Capt. Jim Schueller says the vet ran some tests and suspected the dog had ingested antifreeze and it was euthanized.
The family told a deputy there was no antifreeze in their home and that the dog had been outside. Schueller says they also told the deputy they had heard about a neighbor who was suspected of using antifreeze to kill a dog.
Schueller is asking anyone with information in the case to contact his office.
The family lives in the 2200 block of Mockingbird Place NW.