Worker at Cannon Falls Business Injured by Chemical Reaction
Cannon Falls, MN (KROC-AM News) - The regional Chemical Assessment Team from the Rochester Fire Department was dispatched to Cannon Falls yesterday evening after an employee at a business was injured through exposure to a chemical reaction.
The incident was reported around 5:15 p.m. at Gemini Signage, where two chemicals had accidentally been mixed and created a dramatic chemical reaction. The injured worker was not at the scene when the CAT Team arrived but the person did require medical treatment for what were thought to be non-life-threatening injuries.
While the Rochester Fire Department CAT Team was unable to identify the exact compound created by mixing the chemicals, the team members were able to determine was no risk of further reactions, although the residue from the vapors created by the reaction left the building unsafe until a professional contractor could clean and decontaminate the area.
News Update: Rochester Police Car Damaged in Storm-Related Crash