The Ultimate Workout Playlist
Scientists have come up with the ULTIMATE WORKOUT PLAYLIST. It's based on beats per minute, and how they match up with what you're doing. You're supposed to listen to pop music like KATY PERRY when you're warming up, cooling down, stuff like PITBULL for jogging. and DANCE music for lifting weights. NO rock, because it messes up your rhythm. And here are the specific examples they came up with for the PERFECT workout playlist . . .
1. To get mentally prepared and psyched up . . . listen to "Roar" by Katy Perry. It has 92 beats per minute.
2. While you're stretching, "Talk Dirty" by Jason Derulo. 100 beats per minute.
3. For an aerobic warm-up, "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk. 116 beats per minute.
4. For a moderate cardio workout, "Timber" by Pitbull and Ke$ha. 130 beats per minute.
5. For a more intense cardio workout, "Applause" by Lady Gaga. 140 beats per minute.
6. For REALLY intense cardio, "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. 147 beats per minute.
7. For weight lifting, "The Monster" by Eminem and Rihanna. 110 beats per minute. Which isn't really 'dance' music, but the other examples they gave were British.
8. And to cool down, "Burn" by Ellie Goulding. 86 beats per minute.