3-Ingredients and a Ziploc Bag Gives You Instant Ice Cream!
Are you looking for some fun and new ideas to do with the kiddos this summer? How about making homemade ice cream? It's fun, delicious.... and a cool (pun intended) excuse to experience science all at once!
Here's everything you need to make the ice cream:
- Milk or cream
- 2 Ziploc bags
- Ice cubes
Now... follow these simple instructions:
- In a small bag, combine milk, sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Remove as much air as possible from the bag, then seal it tightly.
- Fill the gallon bag halfway with ice. Add rock salt over the ice and carefully shake the bag to help distribute the salt.
- Place the smaller bag with your ice cream mixture into the larger bag and seal it well.
- Shake the bag continuously for several minutes, or until the mixture becomes firmer. Use a kitchen towel or oven mitts to protect your hands from the cold.
- Remove the ice cream filled bag from the ice and wipe the bag clean of salt.
- Scoop out the ice cream to serve.
If you need further help, just watch this video from Moms Everyday, and ENJOY!