Coronavirus Concerns Affecting Rochester City Government
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - The city of Rochester is taking a number of steps to respond to the growing impact of the coronavirus.
The city administration has implemented the following steps that will in effect for its employees through the end of April.
· Teammates are not to attend in-person conferences, workshops, or
· External, in-person training is suspended
· Non-essential, internal training is suspended
· All in-person recruitment activities are suspended
· Teammates are asked to limit in-person meetings
· Working remotely is strongly encouraged as deemed appropriate by department heads to decrease the number of teammates at work
All city-sponsored open houses/engagement efforts, unless legally required, are suspended
Administration is also asking the City Council to suspend all Advisory Board/Commission/Committee meetings until further notice.
Administration says all city services remain fully functional.
The public is reminded of the city’s online/digital tools. Residents who have to visit city hall are asked to “maintain a respectful distance of at least three feet between yourself and other customers.”
** Consider adding the above link to your bookmarks.