Destress and Unwind
I know that I cannot be the only one stressed out during this holiday season. I've got so many plates spinning. This week I had college finals due. The amount of sleep I have had in the last few days is probably less than when my daughters were born. Or maybe not but it feels like it! I am sure you can relate.
Stress can impact your health. According to the American Psychological Association, stress can cause muscle tension, makes you breathe harder and can contribute to heart problems and disease.
The holidays have a way of forcing us to over extend ourselves with parties, end of the year paperwork and a multitude of other reasons but there are ways we can destress, pause life and take care of ourselves. Here's some ways you can do that:
1. Go get a manicure/pedicure. There's nothing better than to pamper yourself a little bit!
2. Read a book you've always wanted to read (that's not a college textbook). Here's some recommendations.
3. Take up a yoga class. I recommend Hot yoga during the winter!
4. Carry out random acts of kindness. It'll make you and the recipient feel good.
5. Plan a vacation! Even if it's a mini one.
What are some ways you destress and unwind? Comment and let us know!