As you're searching for the perfect gift for you fur-baby this year, avoid these ones. The FDA says nearly 90 dog owners have reported illnesses and even deaths from these. Here are the details. 

In the FDA warning, Veterinarian Carmela Stamper is quoted saying, “Giving your dog a bone treat might lead to an unexpected trip to your veterinarian, a possible emergency surgery, or even death for your pet.”

Symptoms reported to FDA by owners and veterinarians in dogs that have eaten bone treats have included:

  • Gastrointestinal obstruction (blockage in the digestive tract)
  • Choking
  • Cuts and wounds in the mouth or on the tonsils
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Bleeding from the rectum

So what bones are they talking about? Different types of bone treats, including treats described as "Ham Bones," "Pork Femur Bones," "Rib Bones," and "Smokey Knuckle Bones," were listed in the illness reports. For more info, click here.

More From 106.9 KROC-FM