Event In Rochester Is Helping Empower Teenage Girls
The teen years.
I remember those years...the challenges that I had with being the oldest in the family, learning how to handle added responsibility with playing sports, working, and my homework. My siblings and parents would get on my nerves at times and my sassy attitude showed up probably more than it should. The peer pressure at school...and me just trying to figure out who I was and being pretty self-conscious of how I looked because I was usually one of the tallest in my class.
All of those challenges are still here for teens today but now that we've added social media and technology into the mix of teenage life, the pressure our teens face seems to be a bit stronger.
I love it when I find out about resources that are put in place to help teens, empower them, and help them see their true value as a person. Girls Becoming Women: Honoring The Path, is an event that does just that for teenager girls that are 11 to 14 years old.
Girls Becoming Women: Honoring the Path
- August 14, 3:30-7:00pm at Assisi Heights in Rochester, MN
- $30 preregistered/prepaid. Includes a light supper. (Please pre-register by August 7th. Scholarships are available.)
- This is an evening of empowering young girls to become women of grace! Discover an irresistible beauty deeper than designer jeans or skin free of flaws.
- Interactive program where we will laugh, share stories and make some new friends! Learn life skills including team building, etiquette, social boundaries, social media and dealing with sticky teen situations.
- Learn more and register here
Listen to Jessica Williams weekdays from 9 am until 12 pm on Y105FM!
Jessica plays Country’s Greatest Hits weekdays from 12 pm - 6 pm on 103.1 KFIL!