Highway 14 To Be Detoured For Four Weeks West Of Eyota
Eyota (KROC-AM News) - Travelers on Highway 14 will be detoured west of Eyota so the Canadian Pacific Railway can complete bridge repairs over the road. The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced the detour Monday morning.
MnDOT said the closure begins Monday between Chester Woods Park and Eyota. The work is expected to be completed by June 6th. The detour for this route from the east is Highway 42 north to Olmsted County Road 9 west to Olmsted County Road 1 south. Access will remain open to residences and businesses along the highway.
MnDOT reminds motorists about safety in work zones:
• Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution
• Stay alert; work zones constantly change
• Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
• Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
• Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
• Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel time
You can get more information on this project here.