Fire Damages Large Shed at Rural Rochester Property
Pine Islan, MN (KROC-AM News) - The Pine Island Fire Department responded to a structure fire in rural Rochester last night.
A news release says firefighters were dispatched to the 4400 block of 85th Street Northwest in Oronoco Township around 9:30 p.m. The person who reported the fire indicated their shed was burning with flames and smoke coming from the structure.
According to the Fire Department, the homeowner had been working in the shed and smelled smoke. He went to investigate and discovered smoke coming from the corner of the building and flames climbing the outside of the shed.
Officials say the man managed to slow the spread of the fire using fire extinguishers. When firefighters arrived, the news release says they were able to quickly knock down the fire and went into the attic space to stop the flames from spreading
It is suspected a gas leak was the cause of the fire. No injuries were reported and the damage was estimated at approximately $10,000.
More Rochester News:
- Passenger Hurt in Fatal SE Minnesota Crash Dies From Her Injuries
- MN Man Accused of Advertising Cocaine on SnapChat Pleads Guilty
- Olmsted County Sheriff's Office Mourns Passing of Decorated K9
Highest-paying jobs in Minnesota that don't require a college degree
Gallery Credit: Stacker