UPDATE: The post that is circling the internet is for Central Indiana only with the phone number for the Indianapolis 2-1-1. I spoke with Emily Johnston from the Olmsted County United Way. She told me people are welcome to dial 2-1-1 here in Minnesota in order to figure out what resources are there for them. They can help with finding food, paying housing bills, or other essential services. As of right now, there is no Coronavirus response fund yet but they are working on something. You can find more information about your local 211 services HERE. And if you have the money to donate, making a donation to United Way is always appreciated by them.

Check out the Facebook post from the Freeborn County United Way about this false post circling the internet:

Original Post:

If you need help paying for rent, bills, and food, United Way has a COVID-19 Community Economic Relief Fund to help out those who need it.

The information has been circling the internet so make sure you pass it on to those who may need this!

The local number you can call is 2-1-1. Or you can call 1-866-211-9966 and provide your zip code. They'll give you a list of local agencies that can provide help for you.

If you need assistance paying for bills, rent, and food, don't hesitate to reach out to these people, they're here to help in times of need like this! We'll get through this together!

106.9 KROC-FM logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

Hang out with Carly Ross on 106.9 KROC weekdays 9am-noon,
The Mighty 920 KDHL weekdays 1-5pm,
and Power 96 weekdays 3-7pm!

More From 106.9 KROC-FM