Massive Party in Rochester This Weekend for 11,000+ People
You've probably noticed that it is getting darker earlier, the comfy hoodies and sweaters are being pulled out to wear, and our trees are starting to turn those gorgeous reds and greens. And all of those mean one thing for Minnesota, summer is over. Before that snow starts flying though, Rochester is celebrating the end of summer with a massive party! Last year, over 11,000 people attended and this year, the party is bigger than ever. #YesYouAreInvited
Huge Party Called Roller Disco Is This Weekend in Rochester, Minnesota
I'm not sure I've ever seen Broadway closed for anything other than construction. Well, this weekend, the Southbound lanes by Kathy's Pub and Thai Pop are being turned into a roller skating rink and YOU are invited to a huge party called Roller Disco. Whatever is on your calendar for October 7th and 8th, you should clear it because this is one party you won't want to miss!
“We are thrilled to reinvent this event with a new location, new vendors, and new times. We can’t wait to see both Rochester residents and visitors down here for this joyful event to celebrate the end of summer.” - Holly Masek, Rochester Downtown Alliance executive director
Full Schedule of Events and Activities at Roller Disco in Rochester
The Rochester Downtown Alliance just shared the map of the event and a huge schedule of fun for both Friday, October 7th and Saturday, October 8th.
Friday, October 7 schedule:
- 4 - 8 p.m.: Family skate*
- 4 - 7 p.m.: Music by DJ D.I.M.E.
- 4 - 9 p.m.: Face painting with The Party Lady
- 7:30 - 10:30 p.m.: Music by DJ Johnny D
- 8 - 10:30 p.m.: Disco After Dark
Saturday, October 8 schedule:
- 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.: Roller Disco family skate*
- 12 p.m.: Performance by Twin Cities Skaters
- 1 - 2:30 p.m.: Class led by instructors from Twin Cities Skaters
- 4 - 6 p.m.: Teen skate*
- 4 p.m.: Performance by Twin Cities Skaters
- 4:30 - 7 p.m.: Music by DJ D.I.M.E.
- 6 - 10:30 p.m.: Disco After Dark
- 8 p.m.: Performance by Twin Cities Skaters
- 8:30 - 10:30 p.m.: Music by DJ RUCA
Do I need to bring my own skates to Roller Disco?
Don't worry if you don't have roller skates to bring! Most of us don't and the good news is, you can still enjoy Roller Disco because free skate rentals are available at the event. You are welcome to bring your own or you can also bring in-line roller blades to use. According to a Facebook post, the sizes available are kid 10 to adult 13.
Check out the fun activities happening during Roller Disco at area Rochester businesses
While the skating is happening, several businesses in downtown Rochester are also creating some fun experiences for you too including:
- Art Heads Emporium: Kids Art Market 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday and acrylic pour coasters class 5:30-6:30 p.m. Saturday
- Bitter & Pour: Specialty drink called the “Roller Disco”
- LC’s Venue: Disco Dance Party from 6 - 10 p.m. Friday and live music at 7 p.m. Saturday
- Threshold Arts: Purchase and make a pom pom skate charm craft from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday and from 12 to 8 p.m. Saturday
- Treedome: Selling vintage skates and records Friday and Saturday and live punk music starting at 8 p.m. Saturday