Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders Holding Virtual Tryouts This Year
The NFL Draft starts tonight (April 23rd, 2020) and due to COVID-19 it is being held completely online. The NFL has been making adjustments to adhere to social distancing guidelines, and the cheerleading organizations are no different.
Minnesota Vikings Cheerleader hopefuls for the 2020-2021 season will be auditioning online this year. Here is the timeline for this year's tryout process.
April 24th - Virtual Audition Applications Due
There is an online application that is candidates "intent to audition". Only candidates who apply will be eligible to receive the choreography link for the first round of the audition process.
April 27th - Virtual Audition Choreography Sent Out
All eligible applicants will receive an email link with choreography and instructions on how to submit material for the first round of virtual auditions. Applicants will learn the choreography on their own and prepare a personal audition video, due May 1st. All videos will be evaluated by Minnesota Vikings staff/judges for accuracy of choreography, technical ability, skill level, style, and showmanship.
May 11th - Training Camp Finalists Announced
All training camp finalists will know if they have made it by May 11th, and will also be announced on Vikings Cheerleaders social media. Finalists will need to learn additional choreography and take part in virtual interviews with coaches and possible additional judges.
Typically final auditions are held in front of a live audience at the Mall of America Rotunda. With a Stay at Home Order in place it is uncertain how that will play out this year.
· Must be a high school graduate as of June 2020.
· If selected, must reside or be willing to commute to the Minneapolis metro area for all rehearsals, appearances, games, etc.
· Must be able to attend ALL rehearsals, games and other related activities. Practices are held on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings.
· Must have a valid passport.
· Must be able to show age verification and a diploma, as needed.
· Must provide a completed and signed application and a release/waiver.
· If selected to the team, a one-year contract and commitment are required, along with agreement to abide by rules and guidelines and the employee handbook.
· $25 Registration Fee is due at the time of application submission. *Non-refundable.
Good luck to everyone applying to make the team this year! I know there are a lot of talented dancers in the St. Cloud area that would excel on this squad.