We all remember playing with slime as kids, right? Heck, it was even more exciting when we found out we could make the slime ourselves at home! Well, homemade slime is a pretty hot "do it yourself" trend right now and unfortunately it's having the opposite affect on one family from Massachusetts.

According to ABC7 in Chicago, Siobhan and her 11-year-old daughter Kathleen decided to whip up a batch of homemade slime, something the two had done many times before, and bought all of ingredients to make the slime.

Well after making the slime and playing with it, Kathleen then slept over at a friend's house but woke up in the middle of the night in an intense amount of pain.

Her mother then took her to the hospital, only to discover that it was the slime they had recently made that caused Kathleen to have all of this pain. The doctor then reported to Siobhan that her daughter was suffering from 2nd and 3rd degree burns on her hands, caused by one of the ingredients used to make the slime!

The main culprit was an ingredient called Borax One, and when exposed to it for long periods of time it can cause serious pain and burns.

So be sure to keep a look out when engaging in DIY projects.  

More From 106.9 KROC-FM