$405k For Unique Side Of Pill Hill Home In Rochester
This three-bedroom, two-bath home (built in 1961) is on an irregular lot, but I'd say it's on a quirky lot because the house is cool and quirky...and super close to Downtown Rochester.
423 7th Avenue SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55902 - $405,000
The address might not mean anything to you...in fact, the photo of the home might not mean much, too. So here's the Google Street View.
Now, do you know it? It's had just about the busiest yard in the Pill Hill neighborhood, and I've always appreciated it. Beautiful lawns are nice, and so are lawns with personality and style.
What's So Special About the Home?
As you scroll through the pictures, notice the stonework outside, the plants, and the pergola. Inside, the hardwood is everywhere. Beamed ceilings, cupboards, wainscotting. Plus the bathroom on the main level is a tile-lovers dream. I don't know if it's original to the house or an update, but it scratches me where I itch.
Pill Hill Home Is Quirky On the Outside, Classic On the Inside
- Easily Walkable to Mayo Buildings.
- So much to offer including granite tops, hardwood floors, beautiful woodwork throughout, mother-in-law suite/rental on lower level, and large storage space.
- You will also enjoy many quiet evenings on the large maintenance-free deck. Come look today.
- 423 7th Avenue SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55902
- Chad Luedke
What Is and Why Is Wainscoting?
A combination of decorative boards or panels and moldings that extend partway up a wall’s face, wainscoting is a centuries-old marriage of form and style. Dating to the 1300s, the Dutch used it to shield the bottom half of plaster walls from such hazards as jostled chairs, spurs on riding boots, perhaps even carelessly swung scabbards.
One always must be on the lookout for scabbards and their handler's carelessnesses. What is a scabbard? I had to look it up! A scabbard is a sheath for the blade of a sword or dagger. Usually made of metal or leather. As in the photo below.
What's the Purchase History?
This house has had one heck of an appreciation. If these are really the only property actions since 1989, someone made a smart investment!
It took some time but from $47 to $221 per square foot? Nice.
If your tastes run to even older homes, this one in a classic Rochester neighborhood is 100 years old!
Amazing 110-Year Old Kutzky Park Home for Sale - Just $220,000
- Home is in the Community Land Trust program (homeowner owns home and improvements. $25/month land lease, Income guidelines)
- Amazing Balcony off of the master bedroom.
- All three bedrooms on the upper floor
- Bonus room on the top floor that could be a fourth bedroom.
- Original woodwork also stained glass.
- Sunroom off the kitchen and dining room
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org