Bell Ringing Slots with the Rochester Salvation Army Now Open But With Changes Due to COVID-19
If you've ever rung bells before with the Salvation Army, heads up, the online sign-up is open but changes are in place due to COVID-19.
The Salvation Army of Rochester sent a note to me letting me know that they have just opened up their website for the public to get signed up for bell ringing in our area.
I am emailing to let you know that our bell ringing calendar is now open to the public. There are currently 10 red kettle locations available between November 13 and December 24, and we will continue to add kettle locations as we get approvals from local businesses. This schedule can be accessed at www.registertoring.com. - Rebecca Snapp, Director of Community Engagement
What are the changes due to COVID-19?
- Bell ringers are not to ring with more than two people at a time
- Bell ringers need to wear masks and gloves (winter gloves/mittens are acceptable),
- Bell ringers should regularly wipe the red kettle lid with the Clorox wipes that will be provided.
Want to give virtually? Here are a few online options that will be available this year:
- QR codes and bump pay will be available at the kettles
- Give at the donate page on The Salvation Army of Rochester, MN's website
- Host a virtual red kettle on your Facebook page. Check with The Salvation Army of Rochester, MN for more info on how to do that.