Well that certainly escalated quickly!

One minute we're joking around and enjoying a beautiful spring day, and the next we're stomping out what could have been a massive fire. That's what happened as myself, Dunken & Samm and a couple coworkers of ours as we were making our way towards the Peace Plaza to perform a Random Act of Kindness.

As we made our way along 1st Avenue downtown Thursday afternoon, we all noticed some smoke coming out of the back of a pickup truck. Not knowing if it was due to some faulty equipment that was in use, or something else entirely we immediately sprung into action to put it out... and that's when Dunken found the source of the fire on Facebook Live:

Yep, someone had irresponsibly tossed a cigarette butt into the truck bed... and because it wasn't properly disposed of the flame managed to spread to some cardboard and some other items causing a fire to spark. It's a good thing we happened to walk by when we did or else who knows how big that thing could have got!

Let this be a lesson to everyone: PLEASE don't randomly toss your cigarette butts into the back of vehicles or trash cans and definitely make sure they've been properly snuffed out before you walk away.

Besides, I think we can all agree that you don't want your friendly neighborhood radio personalities fighting fires of any kind... let's just leave that to the real professionals!

More From 106.9 KROC-FM